Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mary's twins

On Sunday evening Mary had twins, a buck and a doe. The black and white one is the buck, the brown and white one the doe. We had company over on Sunday and we knew she was in labor but every time we checked her nothing was happening. She was just standing and staring off and seemed to be concentrating real hard. I checked her a few times in the early evening and then when I checked at 10:15 she was laying down and bellowing, with the first kid part way out. It appeared to be stuck and after watching her for three contractions I decided I better go inside and scrub up in case I needed to help. I don't know how long she was trying to push the first kid out. Ken and Janessa stayed with Mary and I ran inside, praying hard that by the time I got back out to the barn the kid would be out, and he was!! The second one came shortly after and she barely had to push. Both momma does and their kids are doing fine! We have three bucks and two does right now...I wonder what our last doe will have!

1 Comments:

At May 06, 2008 12:11 PM, Blogger Marci said...

How adorable. Nothing sweeter than babies.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home